How to share a map marker in Chinese, using WeChat (2017, China)
I wrote this article when someone in a group I'm in was trying to explain where the 深圳人民医院 (Shenzhen People's Hospital) is. I hope this walk-through guide helps you communicate better:
- In the chat you wish to share a location with (one-to-one chat or group chat) select '(+)' to the right of the text input box
- Of all the things we can share, today we are sharing a Location
- For a static location, select 'Send Location'
- This may be a feature for iOS devices, but I love it. Super fast typing!
- More often than not, the first search result is the correct one. If you're not sure, just pick the first one anyway!
- If you know your way around a map, you can confirm here that the location is correct, zoom in and even select a different location nearby (this is useful to select a particular road junction, or a certain entrance, for example). Click the tick to send!
Last Updated: 2017-06-28